I make my pasta bake with the last of the bolognese sauce from spaghetti bolognese. The vegetables I use are just any that I have lying around in the fridge!
- 200g Dried pasta
- 250g jar of Bolognese sauce
- 1 Egg
- A small selection of Vegetables
- Grated Cheese
Serves 2 – 4 depending on portion size and if you have it with anything else
- Cook the pasta according to the packet.
- Meanwhile crack the egg into the oven proof dish and lightly beat. Mix in a little seasoning.
- Mix the jar of bolognese sauce in with the egg.
- Chop the vegetable up into small chunks and mix in with the egg and sauce mix. If you are using hard vegetables, for example potatoes or carrots, lightly boil them first to soften them.
- Mix a little bit of the cheese with the sauce and vegetables.
- When the pasta’s cooked, and any hard vegetables (if using), drain and mix in with the sauce and vegetables.
- Add a thick layer of cheese on top.
- Place in the oven at 230C for 30 minutes, or until the cheese has browned.
- I don’t bother preheating the oven, I normally turn it on when I mix the pasta in with the sauce.
- You can omit the egg if desired, but I find the egg helps bind it altogether.
- If your only using a small amount of hard vegetables cook them with the pasta. This saves washing up!
- Try using a cream cheese along with the grated cheese. Mix it in with the sauce, or spread on top and then put the grated cheese on top.