This is the first proper post on my blog since December 2009, or May 2018 if you count the recipes posts I imported from a separate blog earlier this year.
After 14 years of hosting with Hostgator I got fed up with the sky high renewal fees of 172 USD, about 150 GBP not including the currency exchange fee from the bank.
Last year after I renewed the hosting with Hostgator I decided that would be the last time and that I would find hosting someplace else. That gave me a year to sort out my blogs and other websites I run.
Next I started working on Linux Links. I had originally built the site from scratch but now I wanted to move it into WordPress. The first task was to export the data and import it in to WordPress, which to be honest was quite easy! The next step was to get the new site running exactly like the old one but by using WordPress functions.
To be honest I haven’t quite finished Linux Links, the front end works as I intend, but I still have to finish off an admin section I added.
With the change to a new host I could also publish a new site, Bristol’s Lost Pubs, I had been working on this for a couple of years after the original site closed down.
Here is a list of all of my sites.
- roganty.co.uk – Main blog
- anodeto.roganty.co.uk – A site for my poems
- spamtxts.roganty.co.uk – A blog of spam texts
- toys.roganty.co.uk – A selection of scripts and programs I have written over the years
- linux-links.co.uk – Links to all things Linux related
- rogersfamilytree.co.uk – My family tree blog
- bristolslostpubs.com – Created because the old website was closed down
And with that my new hosting is OVH. Welcome.